This residence was designed by a world class European architect who had the vision to create an ageless Hamptons post modern classic style before the trend began.
In a secluded and quiet setting on 5.8 acres, there is no one within 600 feet of you in any direction. Approximately 4,500 sq. ft. of living space. The living areas have been stylishly designed with the european aesthetic in mind and provide access to outdoor living spaces from every room. The ground floor consists of a 14x20' den with fireplace and two doors leading out to the west facing veranda; a 20x30' living room with tray ceiling, fireplace and with doors opening out on three sides to the pool area, back deck and west facing veranda; a 14x20' dining room with doors opening out to the portico; a bedroom with bathroom; and a guest powder room. Recent renovations have included a new 14x20' Bob Bakes- designed chefs eat-in kitchen, and laundry room. The large eat-in, professionally equipped chefs kitchen, which features a commercial grade stove, Sub Zero refrigerator and Miele dishwasher and a pantry, adequately services the large dining room which seats up to twelve. The second floor features the master bedroom suite and three guest bedrooms.
Upon entering the master suite, there is a small sitting room, off of which is the walk in closet. The master bedroom features a tray ceiling and terrace, a large marble bathroom featuring a steam shower and tub with air jets, and separate WC. The two guest bedrooms feature a Carrera marble bathroom complete with steam shower, bathtub and private WC. The third guest bedroom is in a separate wing. To enhance your summer living and entertaining there is a spectacular living space outside with a stone courtyard, two ponds and waterfalls, a 15x24' covered portico and a 7x32' covered veranda off the living room facing west. A pool house is conveniently situated by the 20x40' heated, gunite pool, with two dressing rooms, and bathroom with two showers. The property is approached via a long flag lot driveway and a grand circular driveway to the house. Hand cut stone walls surround the property creating a beautifully terraced backdrop for the profuse plantings of perennials, shrubs and trees. On entering the house you will be awed by the grand 14x21' foyer with triple height ceiling and light oak flooring.
- Centre Entrance Hall (8’x26’) with Palladian windows, wood flooring, and French doors access principal rooms with arched doorways;
- Library (14’x20’) features French doors, oak flooring, wood and brick slate fireplace in Art Deco design, paned sash windows. Access is offered to covered outside porch, adjoining living room and upstairs bedroom and bath;
- Living Room (20’x30’), also accessed from centre hall, features tray ceiling, oak flooring, fireplace with Art Deco wood mantle, and French doors opening onto covered porch;
- Across centre hall, Dining Room (16’x20’), has French doors onto second wainscoted covered porch;
- Adjoining Kitchen (14’x20’) with breakfast area features pantry, centre island, commercial stove, Bob Bake’s kitchen;
- Second Floor features Master Bedroom suite with walk-in closet, separate WC, double-sinks, steam shower and air-jet bathtub. Separate sitting room upon entering Master Bedroom;
- Two king-sized guest rooms with adjoining double-sized bathroom with separate WC and double sinks;
- Private guest suite with separate staircase.